DeepaMehta 4 Notifications
The DeepaMehta 4 Notifications plugin makes it easy for developers to create persistent notifications across sessions and screens. It furthermore takes care that the notifications end up in the recipients Private Workspace.
The use case is:
A user subscribes a topic. The user is notified when the topic is changed.
Actually the plugin provides:
- A Notification model (a Topic Type for the message)
- A Subscription model (an Association Type for the configurations)
- A service to
- Manage subscriptions (subscribe/unsubscribe)
- Create notifications (persistent notifcations for all users who subscribed given item)
Usage: Subscribe items to receive notifications
A subscription is created (using DeepaMehta's Webclient) through using the
Subscribe command on topics or drawing an association of type
Notification Subscription between your
Username topic and a topic of type
Note. For example see the following screenshot.
For the mentioned subscriptions the following actions will notify subscribers:
- Workspace: Whenever a
New Topicmap(which is not
Private) is created in it
- Topicmap: Whenever another user with write permission
adds a topicto it
- Note: Whenever another user with WRITE permissions
Editsthe notes content
(In this case, the notificiation includes the old and the new contents of the topic, example)
Accessing notifications (In-App)
When logged in you find your notifications related to your username (click it to reveal your User Account topic in the in the upper right corner of the DeepaMehta Webclient). Then, reveal the very first topic, the one which represents your actual Username. Related to this item you will find all Notifications.
Sorry for this inconvenience. Currently we have no special display which delivers you notifications in a more convenient way. But of course, you're very welcome to encourage us or help us to design or create one :)
Your Notifications are accessible and readable to you only (unless you share them). For that reason you can find your notifications also in the related section after revealing your
DeepaMehta 4 is a platform for collaboration and knowledge management. https://github.com/jri/deepamehta
To be able to install this module you first and additionally have to install the following DeepaMehta 4 Plugins.
Download & Installation
You can download the latest stable
After downloading the bundle-files, place both plugins (dm4-websockets & dm4-notifications) in the
bundles-deploy folder of your DeepaMehta 4 installation.
GNU Public License
This sofware is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License in Version 3.0, 2007.
1.2, Aug 11, 2017
- Adapted to be compatible with DeepaMehta 4.8.6 and DM 4 Websockets 0.4
1.1, Jan 04, 2017
- Renamed plugin to dm4-notifications as the new better expresses what this plugin is all about
- Removed dependency to dm4.tags module
- Renamed all type URIs
- Allows to create subscriptions around any type of topic
- Adapted client side plugin.js to receive websocket notifications (broadcasts)
- Associates subscriptions to (public) username instead of (private) user account topics
- Stores all notifications in the "Private Workspace of the subscribed user
- Per default: Support subscriptions of changes in a
Workspace(New Topicmaps), in a
Topicmap(Topics added) or to a
Notes (Content updated)
- Compatible with DeepaMehta 4.8
Note: This release is not compatible with previous releases and there is no migration provided.
1.0.3, Dec 25, 2014
- compatible with DeepaMehta 4.4
- code revision
1.0.2, Nov 17, 2014
- revised service method signatures
- introducing some javadoc
- compatible with DM 4.3
1.0.0, May 13 2014
- Introducing persistent Notifications and a Subscription edge
- compatible with DM4.2
Author: Malte Reißig, 2014 - 2017