This plugin introduces a configurable user registration process for DMX User Accounts.
Most (if not all) user facing message are translatable by now. A german language version of this bundle can be build from source after setting the language option to
de using the
This plugin adds:
- A "User Mailbox" association type to associate "Email Address" w. "User Accounts".
- DEFUNCT: A
Sign-up-link next to the
Login-button in the DeepaMehta 4 Webclient
Sign-up Configurationtopic associated to the
DMX Sign upPlugin (part of the "System" workspace and thus editable by all members of it)
The special DEFUNCT features of the registration ui is comprised of:
- Username existence check
- Email existence check
- Simple GUI-Notification mechanism
- Minimal CSS Definition
The special DEFUNCT features of the login ui is comprised of:
- Simple GUI-Notification mechanism
- Automatic redirect
- Minimal CSS Definition
The special logic of this plugin is comprised of:
- Optionally: Configure a sign-up process with an Email based confirmation workflow
Sends confirmation mail with token to the users registering Email address
Allows for the password reset functionality to take place also via an Email based confirmation workflow
- Optionally: Send notifications to system administrator after a new user account was sucessfully created
- Optionally: If
new_accounts_are_enabled=true, an account activation notice is sent
- Optionally: If the email based confirmation workflow is used a DEFUNCT "Passwort reset" workflow is available
Email Confirmation Required is set to true the confirmation tokens the system sends out are not persisted and get lost after a bundle/system restart. Once a token was send out the link containing it is valid for sixty minutes.
Each "Sign-up Plugin Configuration" topic allows you to control 13 settings to adapt the sign-up process to your look & needs.
The standard sign-up configuration topic initially resides in the "Administration" workspace and the "Custom Workspace Membership Request" note resides in the "System" workspace.
Email addresses of new user accounts are all placed in the "System" workspace too.
DMX is a platform for collaboration and knowledge management. https://github.com/jri/deepamehta
To be able to install this module you first and additionally have to install the following DMX Plugins.
Operations: For the plugins mailbox validation process to run you must install these plugins with DMX on a web server with a
Internet Site like mail send functionality.
Download & Installation
You can find the latest stable version of this plugin bundled for download at https://download.dmx.systems/.
As mentioned above, you currently need to download and install the aditonally required
dmx-thymeleaf-0.9 .1-Bundle, too.
After downloading the two bundle-files, place them in the
bundle-deploy folder of your DMX installation and restart DMX.
The central topic for configuring the sign-up dialog for your DMX installation is of type
Sign-up Configuration. Editing this topic via your dm4-webclient allows you to interactively control/adapt many options.
Setting a configuration option to an empty value usually means deactivating the features depending on it.
The sign-up configuration is associated with the "Plugin" topic representing this plugin ("DMX Sign up"). It can be edited by all members of the
Setup Custom Workspace Assignment
There is currently just one special configuration option. To setup a workspace which self-registering users should automatically join (become members of) you need to associate that very workspace topic with your active sign-up configuration. And here comes the pitfall: To take this "custom workspace assignment" into effect you must either restart the platform or press "Edit" on your sign-up configuration topic once (in both cases the configuration is reloaded and therewith comes into immediate effect, see #1).
2.0.0 -- Upcoming
- Compatible with DMX 5.0
- Changed License to AGPL 3.0
1.6.0 -- Mar 31, 2018
- Minor refactoring of the service API
- Added Javadocs to the main service calls
- Couple of bug fixes:
Make confirmation link name configurable
JS compatibility for IE10+
- Compatible with DeepaMehta 4.9
1.5.2 -- Feb 12, 2017
- Allows members of the Administration workspace to create accounts w/out confirmation mails (even if email based confirmation workflow is ON)
- Acccount creation does not fail because confirmation workflow active but SMTP unavailable
- Improved logging if confirmation workflow active but SMTP unavailable
- Fixes missing stylesheet on confirmation failure page (e.g. when link expired)
- Clarified resource bundle loading & slightly extended translations
1.5.1 -- Nov 14, 2016
- Fixes critical error (typo introduced during translations) in password-reset template
- Extends translatable hints for sign-up and login dialog, added german languaged messages
- Fixes some typos in user dialogs and the header style on the account-edit template
- New "API Usage" option now translatable and basically working (see "/sign-up/edit")
- Adds migration to move the "API Membership Request" topic into "System" workspace
- Some general (but minor) improvements
1.5 -- Aug 05, 2016
- Translatable (HTML dialogs and Emails) using Javas ResourceBundles mechanism (almost complete)
- Introduced a new plugin.property
org.deepamehta.sign-up.language=enwith support for
building this plugin in
frlanguage (additionally to the default
- Added "German" translation to the most important user facing dialogs
- Including (empty by default) navigation HTML fragment which other plugins can override (and thus use to inject their own navigation HTML fragment into the sign-up templates)
- Requires the upcoming dm4-thymeleaf version 0.6.1
- Fixes sign-up form for users of MSIE
- Compatible with DeepaMehta 4.8.1
1.4 -- Jul 11, 2016
New features and changes:
- Extended dialogs to manage passwort reset and login
- Introduces password reset functionality via Email
- Added migration moved config topic to 'Administration'
- Configuration can thus only be loaded during 'init' hook or by 'admin'
- Compatible with DeepaMehta 4.8
- New Configuration options in particular as required by dm4-kiezatlas-website:
Displaying Logout functionality if the user is currently logged-in and visits the login page
Added two custom workspace membership features: 1) is set up via a simple Association between the Workspace and the Sign-up Configuraton topic and the other 2) is modelled as a Note relating requests for an additional workspace membership (which works for private or confidential workspaces)
A new route
/sign-up/editview allowing to manage this custom workspace feature
Added options to have redirects after login/logout configurable
- Signed up mailboxes are for now stored in admins Private Workspace workspace
- Providing a OSGi mail notification service for other plugins to send mails to the mailbox configured in System Recipient Mailbox
- Bug in client side form validation leading to a possible registration when the username is already taken
1.1 -- Nov 23, 2015
- "Email Confirmation Required" is now a new configuration option:
.. Required, confirmation mails are send out including a token
(valid for 60mins) and a link to proceed with the sign-up process
Note: This option requires a 'postfix' -> 'Internet Site' like web server setup
- Further, if an "Admin Mailbox" is set, notifications on each account creation are sent to admin
- Updated sources to be compatible with DeepaMehta 4.7
- Updated dependency to bundle dm47-webactivator-0.4.6
- Included a few webpages which inform the user about the sign-up process
new_accounts_are_enabledis set to false, a notification is sent to the user when her account is
Enabledby an administrator
Note: This plugin is not compatible with previous installations of the dm4-sign-up module.
1.0.0 -- Dec 25, 2014
- configurable by end-users
- compatible with 4.4
- feature complete
Author: Malte Reißig, 2013-2016