DMX CSV Importer
A simple CSV importer to import and update topic entities and their simple 1st-level childs into DMX 5.2.
- data type: Text
You need to create yourself a
File topic first.
This can either be done through issueing a
GET request to the FileService endpoint, e.g.:
http://localhost:8080/files/file/notes.csv or through uploading a
.csv file interactively using the dmx-upload-dialog plugin.
- Search and reveal the
notes.csvfile on a topicmap.
- Associate the file topic with the Topic Type you want to import topics of
-- Note: the columns in your
.csvfile to import must match the child topic
- Retype the association to a
- Fire the custom
Import CSVcontext command on the
See here to find an exemplary
.csv file for importing
To run the import process use the Import CSV command available on all
File-topics which end on
At some point in the future you may find the latest versions of this plugin at https://download.dmx.systems/plugins/.
- DMX 5.2+
- Write access to
dmx.filerepo.path(see DMX platform
Import some topics from a CSV file
To create some Note topics use a CSV file (a simple text-file) structured like the following:
csv.example | dmx.notes.title | dmx.notes.text one | check this | with content two | check this too | and with another content
You could then upload this file through using the Import CSV command of the Note topic type. For each line, beginning at the second, there will be a Note created in your DeepaMehta 4 installation.
Alternatively: A CSV file to import some Web Resource topics would need its contents structured like the following:
deep.web | dmx.base.url | dmx.bookmarks.bookmark_description site | https://dmx.systems | <h1>DMX Platform</h1><p class="slogan">Cope With Complexity</p> plugins | http://download.dmx.systems/plugins | <h1>DMX Plugins</h1><p class="slogan">Download Extensions</p> demo | https://demo.dmx.systems | <h1>Demo Server</h1><p>try it now</p> ci | http://download.dmx.systems/ci | <h1>Continuous Integration</h1><p>fresh nightly builds</p>
CSV Format Description
- topic URI prefix as the first entry (row: 0, col: 0)
- all direct child topics are the remaining header columns
- one topic per row with topic URI suffix in the first column
DMX CSV is available freely under the GNU Affero General Public License, version 3.
All third party components incorporated into the DMX CSV Software are licensed under the original license provided by the owner of the applicable component.
1.3, Nov 07, 2021
- Fixes: Import of multiple
#ref_uri: URI; #ref_uri: URI;now works (forgot trimming)
1.2, Aug 06, 2021
- Compatible with DMX 5.2 API
- Added configuration option:
- Removed transactions per row
- Support for referencing entity topics from import data by URI (use the prefix
#ref_uri:and then follow up with the entity URI)
- Note: Many separator to represent multiple values in one column has change to
1.1.2, Jan 02, 2020
- Compatible with DMX 5.1 API
1.1.1, Aug 15, 2020
- Adapted to latest changes in DMX 5.0 API
- Fixes #7
- Fixes incorrect status count on subsequent imports (updates)
1.1.0, Jun 24, 2020
- Compatible with upcoming DMX 5.0 API
1.0.0, Jun 19, 2020
- Adapted to be compatible with DMX 5.0-beta-7
- Allowing for imports of many values from a single column (Seperator:
Former releases were undocumented.
(C) Malte Reißig 2013-2020
(C) Danny Graf 2013-2015