The DMX Notifications plugin makes it easy for developers to create persistent notifications across sessions and screens.
Important: There are several privacy-related issues unsolved (see https://git.dmx.systems/dmx-plugins/dmx-notifications/-/issues/10). The current version is experimental and released for DEMO purposes only. Furthermore, the type definition should not be used as a template for other plugins (see https://git.dmx.systems/dmx-plugins/dmx-notifications/-/issues/12). The latest version does not resemble the feature of the DM 4 version yet (see https://git.dmx.systems/dmx-plugins/dmx-notifications/-/issues/11).
The use case is:
A user subscribes a topic. The user is notified when the topic is changed.
Actually the plugin provides:
- A Notification model (a Topic Type representing a message)
- A Subscription model (an Association Type for the configurations)
- A service to
- Manage subscriptions (subscribe/unsubscribe)
- Create notifications (persistent notifcations for all users who subscribed given item)
The following figure you find an overview of the type definitionst dmx-notifications installs in DMX.
Usage: Subscribe items to receive notifications
A subscription is created using the "Subscribe" (resp. "Unsubscribe") context command on eligible topics.
Accessing notifications (In-App)
When logged in you find your notifications behind the Envelope-icon in the upper right corner of the window. A badge indicates your unread notifications.
DMX 5.2 is a platform for collaboration and knowledge management. https://github.com/dmx-systems/dmx-platform
DMX Notifications is available freely under the GNU Affero General Public License, version 3 or later (see License).
- Adapted to be compatible with DMX 5.2
- Support for display new and old value on note edits is back
2.0.0, Jan 04, 2021
- Data model and backend compatible with DMX 5.1
- Rewritten webclient integration with context commands, envelope icon and a badge indicating unread notifications
- New GUI to list, mark, reveal and delete notifications
- Completely revised notification titles
- "Diffs" upon Note edits are currently not supported (see https://git.dmx.systems/dmx-plugins/dmx-notifications/-/issues/11)
- Your subscriptions and notifications may be READ-able for other users (depending on their workspace assignment)
1.2, Aug 11, 2017
- Adapted to be compatible with DeepaMehta 4.8.6 and DM 4 Websockets 0.4
1.1, Jan 04, 2017
- Renamed plugin to dm4-notifications as the new better expresses what this plugin is all about
- Removed dependency to dm4.tags module
- Renamed all type URIs
- Allows to create subscriptions around any type of topic
- Adapted client side plugin.js to receive websocket notifications (broadcasts)
- Associates subscriptions to (public) username instead of (private) user account topics
- Stores all notifications in the "Private Workspace of the subscribed user
- Per default: Support subscriptions of changes in a
Workspace(New Topicmaps), in a
Topicmap(Topics added) or to a
Notes (Content updated)
- Compatible with DeepaMehta 4.8
Note: This release is not compatible with previous releases and there is no migration provided.
1.0.3, Dec 25, 2014
- compatible with DeepaMehta 4.4
- code revision
1.0.2, Nov 17, 2014
- revised service method signatures
- introducing some javadoc
- compatible with DM 4.3
1.0.0, May 13 2014
- Introducing persistent Notifications and a Subscription edge
- compatible with DM4.2
Copyright (C) 2014-2019 Malte Reißig
Copyright (C) 2020-2021 DMX Systems