Federated Code Delivery
Requires Google Chrome version 45 and higher.
- download the source code.
- Visit chrome://extensions in your Chrome browser.
- Ensure that the Developer mode checkbox in the top right-hand corner is checked.
- Click "Load unpacked extension" to pop up a file-selection dialog
- Navigate to the <source_code_directory> and choose the "Extension" directory.
- The extension will be loaded. You should see the icon with a big "F" letter in the top-right corner of Chrome (in the toolbar).
- Choose one of the two scenarios below and copy its the url.
- Click on the "F" icon in the top-right corner of Chrome.
- Paste the url inside the popup panel, then click Fetch.
Majority not satisfied:
By default, the extension checks for a majority (more than half). You can change the threshold by providing it in the url as follows:
Supporting your own custom webpage
To allow the extension to federate the code delivery process for your webpage, you need 3 simple steps:
Host your webpage at some url.
Provide other urls that serve a SHA-256 hash of your code.
Pick a threshold and construct a url according to the extension's format: