A collection of awesome kramdown goodies for the converter for (structured) text with formatting markup in markdown conventions
Contributions welcome. Anything missing? Send in a pull request. Thanks.
a fast converter in Ruby without any C extensions for (structured) text with formatting markup in markdown
- kramdown (web: kramdown.gettalong.org, gem: kramdown, rdoc: kramdown)
- kramdown (github: gettalong/kramdown)
- Thomas Leitner (twitter: _gettalong, github: gettalong)
- Q&A w/ Thomas Leitner by Static Times, Feb 2016
- Using Markdown with the kramdown Library and Tools - talk slides (in HTML) from the Vienna.html meetup in Feb 2016 by Thomas Leitner
Articles, Posts, etc.
- kramdown Tips & Tricks by Marcia Ramos (GitLab), Jul 2016
- kramdown gem - turn easy-to-read and easy-to-write wiki-style plain text in markdown into hypertext - Planet Ruby Gem of the Week Series, Jan 2015
- Making Markdown more HTML5 with kramdown by Kari Silvennoinen, April 2015
Parsers & Extensions
an RFC7749 (XML2RFC) generating backend for the kramdown markdown parser. Mostly useful for RFC writers.
a set of extensions to markdown layered on top of the kramdown library for use in the UK Government Single Domain project
a set of extensions to markdown layered on top of the kramdown library, extensions include: asides, checkboxes, figures, image dimensions and more
a kramdown converter for converting markdown files into man pages
kramdown-asciidoc (github: opendevise/kramdown-asciidoc) by Dan Allen et al
a kramdown converter for converting markdown files into asciidoc(or) for using docbook 'n' friends
kramdown Facebook Instant Article Converter (github: contentful-labs/kramdown-instant-article) by Rouven Weßling et al
custom converter for kramdown to create markup optimized for Facebook Instant Articles.
slackdown (github: houston/slackdown) by Bob Lail et al
a kramdown converter for converting markdown text to slack's simplified markdown
repositext (github: imazen/repositext) by Jo Hund, Aaron J Walker, Nathanael Jones et al
a customized parser/converter for repositext (repositext.org) - components for large-scale content collaboration & publishing work flows
manuscript (github: aalgahmi/manuscript) by Abdulmalek Al-Gahmi
incl. extented parsers for latex, html and epub
Online (Live) Editors
simple online editor that lets you try the kramdown library converting markdown to HTML or LaTeX.
The online app also includes a HTTP JSON API service (e.g. /markdown) for conversion.
All is packed up in the kramdown-service gem for easy (re)use and as an extra bonus includes a binary, that is,
kramup, that starts up the online editor and service on your local machine (e.g. use
Supported conversion options/modes include:
- HTML - kramdown in GitHub-Flavored Markdown (GFM) Mode
- HTML - kramdown in GitHub-Flavored Markdown (GFM) Mode w/ Syntax Highlighter (rouge)
- HTML - kramdown in "Classic" Mode
- LaTeX - kramdown in GitHub-Flavored Markdown (GFM) Mode
quick and dirty implementation of an online kramdown editor
This fork (github: arthurattwell/online-kramdown) by Arthur Attwell runs on Windows locally.
More Markdown Goodies
modern hypertext markup in easy-to-read and easy-to-write ye olde plain vanilla text
See the Awesome Markdown List @ Mundi Mark (github: mundimark/awesome-markdown) ».
The awesome list is dedicated to the public domain. Use it as you please with no restrictions whatsoever.