This is the official release of Munki 4.0.1, a bug-fix update to the Munki tools.
Munki 4 removes the dependency on Apple's Python, and includes its own copy of Python 3.7.4.
Functionality and features are intended to be identical to Munki 3.6.4.
See Introduction to Munki 4 for more information on the architectural changes in Munki 4.
- Change to compensate for stricter Python 3 behavior which affected admins who had mistakenly set Munki's LoggingLevel to a string: a87ac53
- Fixes for decoding stored SHA hashes: 25f7af5 and 2176648
- Remove Command-Q shortcut for Quit to prevent using that to quit the MunkiStatus app at/over the loginwindow. 264470e
- PyObjC versions of the GUI apps have been removed from the code repo. This code has not been used since the 3.6 release in March 2019. 0b56fe7
- Copyright notices updated for 2020 72a0535
A complete list of changes from 4.0 to 4.0.1 is here:
AutoPkg users -- IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you use AutoPkg, do not use the munkitools3.munki recipe to import this release, as it will not import the new embedded Python package and any clients "upgraded" with the results will be broken.
A new munkitools4.munki recipe is available in the AutoPkg recipes repo.