This is version 2 of MunkiWebAdmin, a web-based administration tool for Munki.
All reporting (formerly part of MunkiWebAdmin) has been removed from MunkiWebAdmin2 — consider using Sal or MunkiReport-PHP for reporting. Both are excellent.
MunkiWebAdmin2 focuses on web-based editing of manifests and pkginfo files.
This is in-development code. Use it with a production Munki repo with care -- make sure you have functioning backups!
On OS X (10.7+):
gitinstalled; either via Xcode, the command-line developer tools, or a standalone install of
Download and expand this zip:
Via the command-line, run the script within the expanded zip:
Follow the script prompts. Of note, at one place you'll be advised to edit a settings file. Specifically, you'll edit
mwa2/munkiwebadmin/settings.py. Near the end of this file is this:
# MUNKI_REPO_DIR holds the local filesystem path to the Munki repo MUNKI_REPO_DIR = '/Users/Shared/munki_repo'
MUNKI_REPO_DIRto point to a Munki repo to use with MWA2. This repo should be writable by the user running MWA2. Please do initial testing on a non-production repo. Since MWA2 can make changes to your repo, if you do decide to use it with a production repo -- make sure you have functioning backups!
run_mwa2.shagain to continue the setup process.
Once all the setup tasks are complete, a development server will be launched, and MWA2 should be available at http://localhost:8080
run_mwa2.sh script details
- git clones
https://github.com/munki/mwa2.gitfrom GitHub into the script directory. (if needed)
settings.pyand asks you to edit it. (if needed)
- Creates the needed sqlite3 database. (if needed)
- Prompts you to create the initial superuser. (if needed)
- Uses the included CherryPy dev server to serve MWA2.
See https://github.com/munki/mwa2/wiki/RHEL7-setup-notes for some notes on installing and configuring MWA2 on RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.
A Docker file for running MWA2 under Docker is available here: https://github.com/macadmins/docker-mwa2
This is maintained by a third-party; please direct support questions about the Docker file to the maintainers of that project.
MunkiWebAdmin2 makes use of the following open source components:
- Python (tested version 2.7.10) - https://www.python.org
- Django (tested versions 1.9.1 and 1.9.13) - https://www.djangoproject.com
- jQuery (version 1.11.3 included) - http://jquery.com
- jQuery-UI (version 1.11.4 included) - http://jqueryui.com
- Bootstrap (version 3.3.6 included) - http://getbootstrap.com
- Bootstrap itself includes Glyphicons - http://glyphicons.com
- DataTables (version 1.10.10 included) - http://datatables.net
- Ace - (version as of 06 Jan 2016 included) - https://ace.c9.io/
- The GUI plist editor was inspired by and borrows code from David Durman's FlexiJsonEditor - https://github.com/DavidDurman/FlexiJsonEditor
- Chosen - (verson 1.4.2 included) - http://harvesthq.github.io/chosen/
Additionally, the demo files make use of:
- Virtualenv - https://virtualenv.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
- Pip - https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pip
- django-wsgiserver - https://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-wsgiserver
-- with a small modification by me to get it to run on Django 1.9 - specifically changing line 326 of