Aether and Fldigi Logging Script
Here is the macro text I use in the fldigi macro.:
<EXEC>$HOME/.fldigi/scripts/fldigi-aether-logger.py & </EXEC>
The above macro can be directly copied into your Log QSO Macro definition window in fldigi.
- Updated to support a '--no-xxxx' argument which will skip logging
any FLDIGI environment variables that match the xxxx part of the arg (case insensitive)
- v0.4 :
- Updated to correct error rounding frequencies.
- General improvements.
- Do not start Aether from the script - assume it is already running.
- Use internal test data to validate the script from the command line.
- Force Aether to launch - default behavior.
- Print out key information of script execution on stdout, will appear in fldigi window.
Skip logging any environment variable that matches xxxxx. (Case insensitive). Can be used (for example) to skip recording the frequency by using:
This presumes that this script is called fldigi-aether-logger.py AND That this script is in $HOME/.fldigi/scripts with the execute bit set.
chmod 755 $HOME/.fldigi/scripts/fldigi-aether-logger.py
If you run this with --debug (modify the macro), you should see useful debugging info in the transmit window.
If you run this from the command line to test, you can run with --test and --debug to use the built in test data. You should see an RTTY log entry created for W1AX.
This is a LONG way from complete, but it is working for now.
Best, 73 Alan K2ACK