Please sign in to comment.
packages: set more explicit ABI_VERSION values
In the case of upstream libraries, set the ABI_VERSION variable to the soname value of the first version version after the last backwards incompatible change. For custom OpenWrt libraries, set the ABI_VERSION to the date of the last Git commit doing backwards incompatible changes to the source, such as changing function singatures or dropping exported symbols. The soname values have been determined by either checking https://abi-laboratory.pro/index.php?view=tracker or - in the case of OpenWrt libraries - by carefully reviewing the changes made to header files thorough the corresponding Git history. In the future, the ABI_VERSION values must be bumped whenever the library is updated to an incpompatible version but not with every package update, in order to reduce the dependency churn in the binary package repository. Signed-off-by: Jo-Philipp Wich <email@example.com>
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 13 additions and 13 deletions.
- +1 −1 package/libs/libubox/Makefile
- +1 −1 package/libs/mbedtls/Makefile
- +1 −1 package/libs/ncurses/Makefile
- +1 −1 package/libs/openssl/Makefile
- +1 −1 package/libs/readline/Makefile
- +1 −1 package/libs/ustream-ssl/Makefile
- +5 −5 package/network/utils/iptables/Makefile
- +1 −1 package/network/utils/iwinfo/Makefile
- +1 −1 package/system/ubus/Makefile