About Describe Me
Describe Me is a website that asks you to write alternative text (alt-text) for images contained within Museum Victoria’s collection in order to enhance our data making it more useful for people who are blind or have low vision.
What Technology does it use?
- ASP.Net Framework 4.5 (MVC4).
- RavenDb v2.0 (build 2360) for persistence.
- SignalR v0.52 for client messaging.
- IMu Client for connecting to EMu (Museum Collections Management System).
- Ninject for IoC.
- HTML5, LESS, JQuery front end.
- Application pattern based on Simple CQRS by Greg Young.
How do I use it?
The Describe Me source code has been provided for those curious in how it has been put together as there is a dependency on Museum Victoria’s particular flavour of Collection Management which supplies the data that runs the site. Please feel free to look at and re-use any parts of the code but don’t expect a self-contained project.
Developer: Michael Mason Designer: Simone Downey (nomuu)