Browser Capabilities PHP Project
Hacking around with PHP to have a better solution than
PHP's native get_browser() function parses this
file and provides you with a complete set of information about every browser's
details, But it requires the path to the browscap.ini file to be specified in
the php.ini browscap
directive which is flagged as
Since in most shared hosting environments you have not access to the php.ini file, the browscap directive cannot be modified and you are stuck with either and outdated database or without browscap support at all.
Browscap is a standalone class for PHP5 that gets around the limitations of
get_browser() and manages the whole thing.
It offers methods to update, cache, adapt and get details about every supplied
user agent on a standalone basis.
Here is a non-exaustive feature list of the Browscap class:
- Even faster parsing many user agents
- Fully get_browser() compatible
- Often faster and more accurate than get_browser()
- Fully PHP configuration independent
- User agent auto-detection
- Returns object or array
- Parsed .ini file cached directly into PHP arrays
- Accepts any .ini file (even ASP and lite versions)
- Auto updated browscap.ini file and cache from remote server with version checking
- Configurable remote update server
- Fully configurable (since 0.2)
PHP4 andPHP5 compatible (PHP4 version deprecated)
- Released under the MIT License
Because your opinion matters.
If only to say "Hello, it works!", or to ask for a feature or report a bug, or for basic support write to:
Also via instant messenger: