Karibu-DSL (Vaadin Kotlin Extensions)
- Allows you to create Vaadin UI designs/component graphs in the structured code way; the idea behind is explained in the DSLs: Explained for Vaadin 8 article / DSLs: Explained for Vaadin 10 article. The general DSL idea is explained in Kotlin Type-Safe Builders.
- Auto-discovery and auto-mapping of Views via a custom Navigator
- Additional useful methods which Vaadin lacks
The documentation differs for Vaadin 8 and for Vaadin 10:
The origins of the word Karibu: it's a term for North American subspecies of the reindeer; that connects to Vaadin (which is a Finnish word for a female reindeer). A nice connotation comes from Swahili where Karibu means welcome.
- The UI structure is immediately visible
- The code is more readable and much shorter and concise
- You can more easily copy parts of the UI and paste it into your project
The Maven dependency
groupId has been changed in order for the library to be eligible for Maven Central. Also, all files have been moved to a proper package.
To upgrade to 0.5.x from 0.4.x:
- Change the
- In all of your Vaadin 8 project files, search for a string
import com.github.vok.karibudsl.and replace it with
import com.github.mvysny.karibudsl.v8.. You can easily achieve this with Intellij, by launching Replace In Path via
Ctrl+Shift+Rand selecting the Scope of Whole Project. For Vaadin 10-based project, search for
import com.github.vok.karibudsl.flow.and replace that with
Licensed under the MIT License.
Copyright (c) 2017-2018 Martin Vysny
All rights reserved.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.