After way too much time there is now a new KadNode release.
Some bugs were fixed that made the previous/first release nearly unusable.
This release is better.
The biggest change is the support for UPNP/NAT-PMP (not in OpenWrt package build).
Let's say KadNode now runs in a private network and is instructed to announce a specific value identifier on port 80 (which could be a web server). Then KadNode will try to instruct the router to add a port forwarding from the external port 80 to the internal port 80 (if the router supports this).
A user on a different PC and KadNode installed can now resolve the public IP and
also reach the web server using the port forwarding.
- Use only one thread to save resources.
- Change default DHT port to 6881
- Add optional support for UPNP/NAT-PMP to add router forwardings
for KadNode announcements where port > 1
- Now kadctl allows to specify the time in minutes a value id has to be announced
- Remove lookup_node, it is not really helpful but confusing
- Fix broken node export on command line
- Add --peerfile option to import/export peers
for bootstrapping and to save good peers on shutdown
- Decouple local multicast boostrapping from DHT and
exit multicast group when it becomes too crowded
- Add --disable-multicast
- Fix argument quoting in Debian init script
- Add list command to command line to list value ids that will be
announced and to list port forwardings