tid-mode is an Emacs major mode for editing TiddlyWiki5 .tid files.
- derived from text-mode
- opens automatically in .tid files
- uses the orgstruct and subword minor modes
- updates the modified times when you save a .tid file
Right now, you need to copy tid-mode.el to a local folder, load and require it. Here's how I'm doing that:
(load (expand-file-name (concat user-emacs-directory "site-lisp/tid-mode/tid-mode.el"))) (require 'tid-mode)
While tid-mode.el's basic functionality accomplishes everything I originally desired from a TiddlyWiki mode, it could absolutely do more. Here are some ideas that could be implemented in the future:
- Add link functions.
- Add helper function for locating source directory of wiki, and setting it to a variable.
- Add a function for creating a .tid file from within Emacs.
- Add a function for launching the node.js server within Emacs.
- Work with other kinds of TiddlyWikis.
If you are using TiddlyWiki and Emacs, I welcome suggestions, pull requests, and the like.