This is an attempt to make a pure ruby implementation of protobuf serialization and de-serialization.
We borrow a lot from Localshred's Protobuf implementation, with the main differences being:
- De-couple the serialization logic from RPC logic
- Generate complete classes during protobuf compilation rather than defining methods at runtime
After checking out the repo, run
bin/setup to install dependencies. Then, run
bin/console for an interactive prompt that will allow you to experiment.
To install this gem onto your local machine, run
bundle exec rake install. To release a new version, update the version number in
version.rb, and then run
bundle exec rake release to create a git tag for the version, push git commits and tags, and push the
.gem file to rubygems.org.
- Fork it ( https://github.com/[my-github-username]/protobuffness/fork )
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request