WeerAPI: A basic KNMI weather API
This is a very basic JSON API for very basic weather data from the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute.
The KNMI offers no simple API for simple data, so I built this one, which scrapes their website. Currently, it only offers a single API call, for the latest weather observations at 36 monitoring stations.
Call http://weer.solidlinks.nl/actueel/ or run your own instance. Be gentle if you want to use mine :)
The data format should mostly speak for itself. Units are:
- Temperatuur is in degrees celcius
- Humidity is a percentage
- Wind speed is in m/s and Beaufort
- Visibility is in meters
- Pressure is in hPa
- The data is cached for two minutes. The KNMI refreshes this data every ten minutes.
- The geographical coordinates of the measuring stations are very rough. If you can provide better ones, create an issue or a pull request.
- Please attribute KNMI as a source if you use this.