jenni is a python IRC bot maintained and developed by Michael Yanovich. This project was originally created by Sean B. Palmer.
Installation & Configuration
- Run ./jenni - this creates a default config file
- Edit ~/.jenni/default.py
- Run ./jenni - this now runs jenni with your settings
- feedparser - allows the optional rss.py and nws.py modules to work.
- BeautifulSoup - allows better output from DuckDuckGo in search.py, image_me module and animate_me_module to work, and allow more in-depth results for .calc
- yelpapi - allows you to use the food module
Google Developer API Key
The YouTube module requires that you have a Google Developer API key in order to function. This key can be obtained by: 1. Go to the Google Developer Console at: https://console.developers.google.com/ 2. Create or select a project. 3. In the sidebar on the left, expand APIs & auth. Next, click APIs. In the list of APIs, find and ensure that the YouTube Data API is enabled. 4. In the sidebar on the left, select Credentials. 5. Create a new Public API access key and choose Server Key. Copy the created API Key into the google_dev_apikey option in your config.
- Give jenni '@' (ops) at your risk. This software is provided without warranty, without exception.
- You can no longer run jenni as the root user (euid = 0).
- This is a huge security risk, amplifying the impact of any potential vulnerability.
See https://github.com/myano/jenni/wiki for information about jenni/Phenny modules
For a list of contributions to the jenni fork see the file CREDITS.