a simple batch tool to customize pak files in chrome or chromium-based browser
- Windows builds are licensed
LGPL 2.1+by default, can be disabled by appending
- Non-windows builds and builds with
-DLGPL=OFFare licensed MIT.
Usage (Windows Only)
chrome-pak.7zfrom releases and extract it to any folder.
- Drag the pak file and drop it to
- The pak file would be extracted to subfolder of the folder of the pak file,
with the same name of the pak file with an
- (Optional) modify extracted files.
- Repacked pak file would be in the same folder of
pak_index.iniwith a name like
There is also a GIF Guide on windows.
Usage (Command line)
pak.exe -u pak_file destination_path Unpack chrome pak file at pak_file to destination_path. pak.exe -p pak_index_file destination_pak_file Pack chrome pak file using pak_index_file to destination_pak_file. pak_index_file would be found in unpacked path. Note: existing destination files would be overwritten
Build script example
# Getting source git clone https://github.com/myfreeer/chrome-pak-customizer --branch=develop --single-branch cd chrome-pak-customizer # Creating folder for build mkdir -p build cd build # Running cmake cmake -GNinja -DLGPL=OFF .. # Building ninja
LGPL: Enable LGPL 2.1+ licensed custom startfiles on windows for smaller binary