Polish Independence Day
A landing page concept for the 100th anniversary of Polish' Independence and all the next ones
Project content is written in Polish language
Purpose and goals
This website is made as part of a school project to promote information and awareness about this national holiday.
I decided to take this opportunity to practice my coding skills and so my goals of this projects are to:
Explore very lightweight and fast landing page structure without sacrificing on creative and unique effects, such as in this case parallax scrolling images.
To allow mobile users experience the page while keeping in mind that phones are far less powerful and can't use too much battery power.
Also an important factor was to properly handle back button navigation between opening sections.
Design in this case is a very clear and straight forward. Putting strong focus on drawings and using hand-written font on headers to better match the theme of the event. Colours are also pretty simple: putting emphasis on contrast of white paper and black ink with bright, red accents.
- Credits for images below:
- Main section
- Józef Piłsudzki - www.cultureave.com
- "Obchody" section
- "Jak świętowała Polonia?" section
- "Historia" section
- "Niepodległość w innych krajach" section
- Deklaracja Niepodległości - US Capitol
- Texts from sections "Obchody" and "Jak świętowała Polonia?" are written by my friend Wiktoria.
- Just like the original drawings (on older version of the page)