Audio sample library taken from projects created for the Wiklow downtempo music project.
- all lowercase with spaces in filename replaced with dashes
- date format is day-month-year, using only numbers. Day and month are two digits while year is four.
- separate items in a title using an underscore
- ex. eastern-townships_17-03-2016
projects/ vs. library/recording-projects/
- The upper level projects directory compiles samples created from various production projects, such as an EP or performance
- The recording-projects directory in the library directory is for sampling projects, studio sessions or research/development that were not created as a by-product of some composition project.
Samples within production projects should be organized into the following categories:
- Samples - Short, one shot samples. Often percussion.
- Loops - Samples of a few seconds or measures intended to be looped.
- Slices - Short segments that were neither designed as loops, nor are short enough to be percussive samples.
- Stems - Recordings of several seconds or greater. Intended to be used in their entirety as long-form materials.
- Drums - Kicks, Hi-Hats, Snares
- Aux - Auxillary percussion.
- Bass - Low-frequency content intended for bass.
- Pads - Tonal sounds that lack a distinct attack.
- Leads - Tonal sounds with a distinct attack.
- Textures - Non-tonal, non-melodic sounds (such as field-recordings).