Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- mypaint-1.2.1.tar.xz 36.1 MB
- mypaint-1.2.1.tar.xz.asc 833 Bytes
- mypaint-w32-1.2.1-20170129a-installer.exe 89.7 MB
- mypaint-w32-1.2.1-20170129a-standalone.zip 101 MB
- mypaint-w32-debuglibs.20170124.zip 17.7 MB
- mypaint-w64-1.2.1-20170129a-installer.exe 93.3 MB
- mypaint-w64-1.2.1-20170129a-standalone.zip 104 MB
- mypaint-w64-debuglibs.20170124.zip 18.8 MB
- SHA256SUMS-sources.txt 969 Bytes
- SHA256SUMS-windows-20170129a.txt 1.29 KB
- SHA256SUMS-windows-debuglibs.txt 1.06 KB
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
“A lucky past full of shallow cunning”
This is a maintenance release that fixes several reported bugs in stable MyPaint. The Windows builds below contain new GTK3 libraries for Windows that fix a number of issues with tablet support on that platform. Several Linux-specific bugs in MyPaint that affect newer GTK libs released with various Linux distribution updates have also been fixed.
Windows users can run the installers below. Please uninstall all old versions of MyPaint before you do this, especially if you're about to install over an existing location. You shouldn't lose your settings or scraps if your old install is normal. Use “Add or Remove Programs” to do the removal(s), and make backups of your important files if you're worried.
Alternatively, please try the standalone zipfile bundles. These need to be unpacked somewhere before they can be used, for example onto a portable USB drive, and the integration with Windows is more limited.
Users of Ubuntu or its derivatives can add the MyPaint-Testing PPA as a software repository, and they'll then receive automatic updates.
For other operating systems, please contact your friendly maintainers and ask them to make fresh builds from these sources. Thanks!
Release notes and ongoing bugs
- 2017-01-29 Build updated to fix bug #771. Files
mypaint-w*-1.2.1-1-*.*(we'll use dates for the build identifiers from now on)
- 2017-01-29 Windows techies only: slot-in debugging libs are now available, for use with GDB and (ideally) standalone builds.
KNOWN BUGFIXED: Windows "w32" builds would not run on 32-bit architecture. Fixed with a fresh build (bug #771).
- (Windows only) this build contains GTK 3.22.7, a large increment which fixes a lot of graphics tablet bugs and crashes.
- (Windows only) we have changed the installer again (sorry!). Please use “Add and Remove Programs” to remove previously installed versions of MyPaint before installing 1.2.1. Your settings and brushes will be retained.
- (Windows only) MyPaint no longer supports floating panel windows (too many bugs upstream, sorry). They must be docked into a sidebar at all times.
- Removing the Favourites group makes the brush menu unusable (#706, #641)
Changes since 1.2.0-beta.1
- Make sure layer clones get selected immediately.
- Fix hypersensitive tab drags.
- Fix accelerator mapping sort order.
- Fix exceptions when loading a corrupt thumbnail during thumb updates.
- Fix GTK removing the main canvas widget.
- BrushManager: use UUIDs for device brush names, backwards-compatibly.
- Fix repeated pixbuflist redraws.
- Wayland: remove references to cursors that don't exist.
- Windows: drop support for floating windows till upstream support's OK.
- Windows: new installer mechanism, see the note above.
- Windows build: now includes a debug launcher, and GTK3-Demo for testing that your tablet will work.
- Windows build: MyPaint is now usefully pinnable to the taskbar.