This is a bugfix release for v2.0.0.
For those who primarily use the 2.x mode (the default mode), this is an important upgrade. A color conversion function in the v2.0.0 release has an error that can (and usually will) cause image degradation over multiple save/load cycles. Big thanks to gwojcik for noticing and fixing this. The 1.x mode has not been affected by this.
v2.0.1 requires libmypaint v1.6.0 or higher to run. This is not something Windows users or Appimage users have to worry about.
- HSV/HCY brush dynamics in 2.x mode fixed.
- Undo/Redo stack size made configurable and more efficient.
- Undo/Redo stack default size increased to 40.
- Rounding error when saving files in 2.x mode fixed.
- Invalid l11n strings fixed.
- Translated strings added/updated for several languages.
- Dependency on intltool removed (still required for libmypaint).
- Variables in l11n strings validated on build (xml tags are not validated yet, however).
- libmypaint translations are now bound, making them work properly in the appimages.
- OARS rating added to appdata (relevant for app-distribution software, but not much else).
- A number of Py3 compatibility issues were fixed.
- Svg icons fixed - some were previously considered invalid by librsvg >= 2.48.
- Svg icon sizes reduced across the board.
- Windows build now uses openmp, which should improve performance on most systems.
- Size of Windows install bundle significantly reduced. (installed size by ~50%, bundle size by ~70% for installers)
- Size of AppImage files reduced by ~9MB
- AppImages now handle external editing better (no longer overrides the host environment for the launched programs)
- Typos in documentation fixed (not user-facing typos).
The smaller AppImage bundles have been confirmed to run on clean installs of the following systems:
- Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 18.04
- Fedora 30
- Manjaro 20
- CentOS 7
- OpenSUSE Leap 15.1
- Debian sid (for the day of the release)
- Slacko Puppy Linux 6.3.2
If they do not run, or are otherwise buggy on your <6 year old distro, open an issue in the tracker.
Additionally, you can try the MyPaint-v2.0.1-alt.AppImage if the smaller ones do not run on your system.