Join GitHub today
MyPaint FAQ List
This page is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about MyPaint, with answers.
- [[Do I need a graphics tablet to use MyPaint?|FAQ Do I need a graphics tablet]]
- How do I know how large my image is?
- Why no selections/resizing/other fancy feature?
- Can I get OpenRaster image previews in my file browser?
- Is MyPaint available for Mac OS X?
- How do I reset all settings to the installation defaults?
- How do I customize keyboard shortcuts?
- How do I configure my tablet?
- When I use my tablet, the cursor is trailed by a line when it's not pressed down: can I fix this?
- How do I exchange my work with other applications?
- How do I print the work I created using MyPaint?
- Can MyPaint save in the GIMP's layered XCF format?
- Does MyPaint rotate the image itself or just the view?
- Does MyPaint support tilt, for Intuos and Cintiq?
- Can I have several views of one image with different zooms?
- Is it possible to move/reposition layers on the canvas?
- What do I do when mypaint brush list will not show up or is completly gone?
- What are MyPaint's project goals?
- How can I save colours between sessions?
- Can I make the brush thumbnails bigger?
- How can I make a cursor icon visible when using a tablet in a Virtual Machine?
- Using the touchring to change radius doesn't work on my Intuos, and the cursor ring size flickers!
- Can I make MyPaint ignore glitchy devices or sub-devices that mess up my painting?
- My icons are missing! MyPaint can't run sensibly without them.
Please help us to help other MyPaint users by keeping this list updated with good answers, reviewing it regularly, linking to issues in the tracker, and by adding notes about the answers' relevance in different versions of MyPaint.