Clone this wiki locally
Existing packaging projects
- MyPaint has a canonical source tarball available for each release we make. You can find them on our github releases page.
- You'll also find Windows installer binaries there, built by @achadwick. This is a relatively new build, but I want to make it as slick as I can so that we can use it as the official Windows release.
- There is a better-tested Windows binary distribution made by @tumagonx, downloadable from a post on their blog http://opensourcepack.blogspot.fr/2013/01/mypaint-and-pygi.html.
- Ubuntu Linux testing PPA: https://launchpad.net/~achadwick/+archive/ubuntu/mypaint-testing, built by @achadwick
- MyPaint stable binaries are distributed with many Linux distributions in binary form.
- Mac OS X Homebrew: https://github.com/mypaint/mypaint/issues/346
- Mac OS X Macports: https://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=mypaint
New packaging projects
Firstly, please feel free to link to your project above.
I'm happy to accept packaging/build scripts for well-known, and well-defined platform distributions like Homebrew/Fink/MacPorts on Mac, MSYS2/MSYS/Cygwin on Windows, or Fedora/Arch/BigDistrib on Linux. basically, if it has a package manager and you can write a build script or control file for it, I'm interested!
Normally, if the build script can slot into the main MyPaint project without upsetting third-party downstream builds, I'm happy to have the code reside in the mypaint/mypaint repository under a subdirectory which also contains instructions for the build. If it has more complex requirements (like our mypaint/debian one for the PPA, where the folder name would clash with official Debian builds), a separate module may be more useful.