Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Anatomy of a stroke
When you paint a stroke, the result is defined by different parts of MyPaint. You can combine any Painting Tool, Brush and Paint Mode to suit your drawing style. MyPaint uses one and the same engine for all kinds of brushes (and the eraser).
- Painting Tool: Defines how the shape of a stroke is made
- Brush: Defines the look of the stroke
- Paint Mode: Defines how the resulting color is applied to the canvas.
The Painting Tools
The general painting tools change the input method of strokes and can be used to construct geometrical shape. The lines that are created will be made with the current brush, colour, and paint blend mode.
- Freehand - free drawing without constraints
- Inking - smooth Strokes than can be modified
- Lines and Curves
- Connected Lines
- Ellipses and Circles
Main Menu: Edit → Current Tool