The software that powers http://popit.mysociety.org/
Here be dragons! This is alpha software - it is currently undergoing active development so should be used with caution.
Please see INSTALL.md for full instructions.
PopIt is an easy-to-install web service for storing and sharing the names and career histories of public figures like politicians and celebrities. We built it to save time and save pain for anyone building a website that is built on top of a list of people, whether a politician-watching site or a celeb-spotting one.
- Lightweight, quick and easy to understand
- Data structure built on learning from our mistakes - so you don't have to
- Supports websites written in any language - uses REST
- Interfaces for adding data by hand, or via import
Get in touch
You can contact at us at any of the following:
- The Components mailing list for general discussion about PopIt and other similar components.
- The PopIt-dev mailing list for development questions and discussion about PopIt.
- Chat on the #popit IRC channel on
- Read our development diary for frequent updates and musings.
- Email us direct at email@example.com.
Original Django based code
Originally the PopIt project was started in Django, but has now changed to a different technology stack. The old code is still available on a branch.