OmniMarkupPreviewer is a Sublime Text 2 plugin that preview markups in web browsers. OmniMarkupPreviewer renders markups into htmls and send it to web browser in the backgound, which enables a live preview. Besides, OmniMarkupPreviewer provide support for exporting result to html file as well.
OmniMarkupPreviewer has builtin support following markups:
- Pod (Requires Perl >= 5.10
and can be found in
PATH, if the perl version < 5.10,
Pod::Simpleshould be installed from
- RDoc (Requires ruby in your
With the Package Control plugin
The easiest way to install OmniMarkupPreviewer is through Package Control.
Once you have Package Control installed, restart Sublime Text 2.
- Bring up the Command Palette (Ctrl+Shift+P on Windows and Linux. ⌘+⇧+P on OS X).
- Type "Install" and select "Package Control: Install Package".
- Select "OmniMarkupPreviewer" from list.
The advantage of using Package Control is that it will keep OmniMarkupPreviewer up to date automatically.
Without Git: Download the latest source code, and extract to the Packages directory.
With Git: Type the following command in your Sublime Text 2 Packages directory:
git clone git://github.com/timonwong/OmniMarkupPreviewer.git
The "Packages" directory is located at:
%APPDATA%\Sublime Text 2\Packages\
- OS X:
~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/
The default key bindings:
- Ctrl+Alt+O: Preview current file.
- Ctrl+Alt+X: Export to html file.
- ⌘+⌥+O: Preview current file.
- ⌘+⌥+X: Export to html file.
Available OmniMarkupPreviewer commands in the command palette:
OmniMarkupPreviewer: Preview Current File
OmniMarkupPreviewer: Export to html File
OmniMarkupPreviewer: Sweep Cache (Remove Unused)
OmniMarkupPreviewer: Empty Cache
- RDoc and Pod documents cannot be previewed utils they are saved to disk.
- Provide support for exporting result to html file, images on disk will be inlined.
You can customize the settings of the exporter through the
- Fix incorrect code block detecting (due to wrong tab length setting) in markdown renderer.
- OmniMarkupPreview is now able to use user defined browser command for launching
web browser, through the
- Unopened file can be previewed correctly in browser without returning "404" error.
- Update cherrypy module in order to fix a random server crash on startup in Windows (Refer to CherrPy #1016)
- Add option
"server_host"for server listening address.
- Now OmniMarkupPreviewer doesn't require restart on some settings change anymore.
- On demand downloader for mathjax should work under Linux now (using
- Unsaved textile documents can now be previewed as well.
- MathJax support is now added (through the
"mathjax_enabled"option), you can use
\(..\)delimiters for inline math,
\[..\]delimiters for display math. MathJax libraries will be downloaded on demand. for more information, visit my blog.
- Add support to custom the behavior of markdown renderer (through the
- Responsive width on browser width change.
- Much better http server performance (Thanks to the CherryPy project).
- Fixed a bug that all renderers wouldn't work if any renderer raised exception while loading.
- Images on local machine can now be displayed corectlly.
- Allow users to use their own templates.
- Code blocks from GitHub flavored markdown is supported now, through the Fenced Code Blocks Extension.
- PHP Markdown Tables support is added, through the Tables Extension.
- Support strikeout extension syntax (Pandoc and GitHub) for markdown:
This ~~is deleted text.~~
"ignored_renderers"option to settings, in order to ignore specific markup renderers.
- Added syntax highlight support for Markdown, through the CodeHilite Extension.
- Unsaved buffer can now be previewed without error.
- Updated github template.
- OmniMarkupPreviewer now can be installed from Package Control under Linux.
- Added support for RDoc (Requires ruby).
- Added support for Pod (Requires perl).
- Auto scroll while text added/deleted.
- OSX support added to Package Control.
- Added ability to clean cache.
- First release.
This plugin released under MIT License:
Copyright (c) 2012 Timon Wong Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.