ARRL Centennial QSO Party Schedule Application
RDXA W1AW/2 Schedule Web Application is designed for our club RDXA for its W1AW/2 New York operating on May, 2014. Since it had been launched, I've got many emails from other clubs, indicating their interests in using my application. So I modified the application to fit the needs of all the other clubs/states. There are more than 20 clubs/states using this web application at this moment.
This application is FREE for amateur radio society, here is a test site, you can register and play. Be aware: all fields are required, but you can enter anything except password, you have to enter at least 6 characters or numbers for it, and it can't be the same as you call sign. All registered user have normal privilege, if you want to see what an Administrator can do, drop me a line, I'll give you an Administrator privilege to play with. Contact me if you are interested.
Now source code can be download from GitHub!
Some of the Clubs using this application
- Radio Amateurs of Northern Vermont -> (Vermont, Mar. 26 - Apr. 1, Aug. 6 - 12)
- NR0X -> (Iowa, Mar. 26 - Apr. 1)
- Puerto Rico Amateur Radio League -> (Puerto Rico, Apr. 9 - 15, Oct. 23 - 29)
- Rochester DX Association -> (New York, May 21 - 27)
- Mid-MO Amateur Radio Club -> (Missouri May. 28 - June 3, Oct. 8 - Oct. 14)
- Alabama Contest Group -> (Alabama June 4 - 10, Oct. 15 - 21)
- The Zilla Contest Group -> (Arkansas June 11 - 17)
- KE7X -> (Montana, June 18 - 24)
- K9CT -> (Illinois June 25 - July 1)
- Eau Claire Amateur Radio Club -> (Wisconsin, July, 2 - 8)
- Society of Midwest Contesters -> (Indiana July 23 - 30)
- CTRI Contest Group -> (Rhode Island July 23 - 29, Nov. 12 - 18)
- Edmond Amateur Radio Society -> (Oklahoma, Aug. 13 - 19)
- W0ND -> (North Dakota Aug. 20 - 26)
- Mad River Radio Club -> (Ohio Aug. 20 - 26)
- Long Island DX Society -> (Maine, Aug. 27 - Sept. 2, Dec. 3 - 9)
- OKC Lunch Bunch -> (2014 Route-66 W6K Sept. 6 -14)
- CTRI Contest Group -> (Connecticut Sept. 17 - 23)
- Idaho ARRL Section -> (Idaho Sept. 24 - 30)
- NCCC -> (California Oct. 1 - 7)
- NR4M -> (Virginia Oct. 8 - 14)
- K8TB/KT8X -> (Michigan Oct. 15 - 21)
- W8HC -> (West Virginia, Oct. 22 - 28)
- (Massachusetts Oct. 29 - Nov. 4)
- Louisiana Contest Club -> (Louisiana Nov. 26 - Dec. 2)
If your club has a suitable web hosting or better, a server, install it on your web hosting/server is the best choice, if your club doesn't have one, it's a good time to get one, the $4.95 starter web hosting service provided by qth.com (KA9FOX) is fine for this application, there are also other companies provide similar services.
This application uses PHP and MySQL, if your web hosting/server supports PHP and MySQL (most servers do), you probably could run this application on your web hosting/server.
If your club doesn't have suitable personnel to manage a website, I can host the application for your club, problem is my website is on a shared web hosting, it has limited databases and other resources. So please consider use your club's web hosting if you can.
Here is some basic features
Users can only be added by a Administrator. On our test site you can register by yourself, but not on a real schedule website.
Users can change their passwords (old passwords needed), Administrators can give users their new passwords directly.
Passwords are encrypted before being stored in database, nobody can see any password, not even the Administrator.
Users can view their profiles, but can't edit them (except password); Administrators can edit users' profiles.
Registered users can make reservations, or cancel their own reservations; Administrators can cancel anyone's reservations.
Users can display their own reserved time slots, or cancel them in the same page. Administrators can show any user's reserved time slots, or cancel them in the same page.