KickPunch is an old school Beat-'em-up game. Get your fighting skills tested by defeating all enemies in this three level action game.
It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Brian and Gloria Freezby are back in their home town for the weekend and are taking a stroll on Shaker St. together with their dog Dido. Suddenly, they are approached by a group of hooligans. One of them, visibly bigger than the others, steps out of the group. It's Brian’s old rival - Arkian Joel. Arkian does some smack talk and orders a bunch of his thugs to grab Gloria and Dido. He then leaves his gang to take care of the Brian problem.
Brian faces the bad guys in fight and after defeating them continues down on Shaker St. determined to find Arkian and save his wife and dog.
- Google Chrome - 62+ (
- Firefox - 57+
- Safari - 11.0.2
- Opera - 49.0
- Microsoft Edge 41.16299.15.0 (anti-aliasing is forced by the browser)
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum.
Ok, ok. There's no bubble gum in this game, ...yet!
🎮Use the Gamepad Luke! No seriously, the game can be played with a gamepad (xinput), so go ahead and try it. 🏃
WASDkeys to move.
Here are some hints.
- Move, move, move. Don't let the enemies surround you. Try to stack them together and then hit them.
- Kicks knock enemies back farther than punches, but they do less damage.
- Get food to heal yourself. The bigger the dish, the more hitpoints you'll get restored. Also, make sure you look behind the objects in each level.
Running a dev server
npm run dash
(you'll need extra RAM)
Default address is http://0.0.0.0:3000
Get a production build
npm run build
Open Source Tools
Notable tools used to create this game.
- Phaser - A fun, free and fast 2D game framework for making HTML5 games.
- Tiled - Your free, easy to use and flexible tile map editor.
- TexturePacker - Be smart - Let TexturePacker collect the sprites.
- GIMP - The Free & Open Source Image Editor.
- Visual Studio Code - Free & Open Source code editor.
Source code is under MIT license, see LICENSE.
Third party code dependencies are under their respective licenses, see ./node_modules/%dependency-name%/LICENSE after their installation.
Assets are under CC BY 4.0 license, if no respective LICENSE file is present in ./src/assets subdirectories.
KickPunch is a GitHub Game Off 2017 entry.