Identifying Antimicrobial Peptides using Word Embedding with Deep Recurrent Neural Networks
Md-Nafiz Hamid and Iddo Friedberg
This repository includes data, and code contained in jupyter notebooks that were used in the work described in the manuscript. You can install the NeuBI software from this repository.
Brief descriptions of the files follow.
- Baseline_pipeline.ipynb: This file has the code to generate the baseline performance for predicting bacteriocins. This refers to section 2.2.1 of the paper.
- Identifying_gene_blocks_for_putative_bacteriocins.ipynb: The identification of 50kb gene blocks for potential bacteriocins.
- Making_bacteria_wordvectors.ipynb: Generating word vectors for each 3-gram using Uniprot TrEMBL bacteria database.
- Making_negative_training_set.ipynb: Creating the primary, second, and third negative bacteriocin dataset from Uniprot Swissprot bacteria protein sequences.
- SVM_and_other_models.ipynb: SVM and other model performance with the word2vec representation of amino acid sequences.
- bidirectional_rnn.ipynb: Bidirectional RNN performance with the word2vec representation of amino acid sequences.
- all_curated_context_genes_proper.fa: The 1,240 curated context genes using annotation keywords.
- all_lactobacillus_sequences_from_geneblocks: All the sequences from all of the 50kb geneblocks.
- final_NN_model.h5: Weights for the final RNN model used for bacteriocin prediction on the geneblock sequences.
- primary_bacteriocin_training_set: The primary negative bacteriocin set used to train the final model.
- second_bacteriocin_training_set: The second negative bacteriocin set only used to show further performance.
- third_bacteriocin_training_set: The third negative bacteriocin set only used to show further performance.
- word2vec_model_trembl_size_200_gensim: word2vec vectors for each 3-gram in gensim binary format.
- word2vec_model_trembl_size_200.txt: word2vec vectors for each 3-gram in txt format.