Installs and configures a Python development environment for a given user using
Available on Ansible Galaxy at
Officially tested operating systems are listed in the Galaxy manifest.
- User to install Python tools for. Required.
- Version of Python to install. Defaults to 2.7.
- A list of additional system packages to install.
- A list of additional Python system packages to install via pip.
- A list of additional Python user packages to install via pip.
Here are some example playbooks to get started with.
Simply get a Python development environment installed:
--- - name: install hosts: all become: true roles: - role: python-dev python_user: vagrant
Install a Specific Version
Install a specific version of Python:
--- - name: install hosts: all become: true roles: - role: python-dev python_user: vagrant python_version: '3.5'