Release date: November 11, 2016
- The submodules of NFD and ndn-cxx have been both upgraded to version
0.4.1 (Issue 3560).
Features of NFD:
- Face system is refactored.
- Data Retrieval using full names is fixed.
- Allow setting CS capacity to 0.
- LinkService provides an "adaptation" layer to translate
between NDN packets and data blocks communicated
- Face provides combines Transport and LinkServices, providing
high-level interface to work with Interest/Data/Nack packets
- Networking NACK in pipelines and best-route strategy.
- Refactored implementation of NFD management.
- Interest forwarding processes Link included in
Features of ndn-cxx:
- LocalControlHeader for special signaling between application
and NFD has been replaced with NDNLPv2 signaling.
- NDNLPv2 Network NACK support in Face abstraction.
- New API in Face class to remove all pending Interests.
In order to retrieve the marked versions of ndn-cxx and NFD, use
--recursive option to the git clone command or run
git submodule update --init after clone, pull, or merge.
- Replace NetDeviceFace with NetDeviceFaceLinkService and AppFace with
AppFaceModel to match NFD's v0.4+ Face model (Issue 3560).
ndnSIM (for now) intentionally uses LinkService instead of Transport
for optimization purposes and in order to preserve ns3::Packet Tags.
This may be fixed in the future when there is a different mechanism
to propagate ns3 Tags.
This version of dnSIM does not include support for NDNLPv2 and,
thus, cannot yet be used to simulate network-level NACKs across the
simulated nodes. This will be addressed in the next release
- ndnSIM no longer officially support Ubuntu Linux 12.04, as it now
requires a more modern compiler version and dependent libraries.
- The NetDevice address is now represented as a LocalUri instance for
NetDevice-based Faces (Issue 2665).
- Enable configurability of NFD's managers (Issue 3328).
The managers of NFD can be enabled/disabled as specified in a
IMPROVEMENTS AND BUG FIXES
- Bugfix in RandomPolicy for the "old-style"
- Updates of the ndnSIM 2 Technical Report
Technical Report became up-to-date with the latest version of
ndnSIM. Please see report's change-log for more
- Updates of the ndnSIM documentation (Issue 3835)
- Updated out-dated statements about NFD's CS
implementation (Issue 3827).
- Added explanation about the limited support of NDNLPv2 and
- Fixed description of the ConsumerBatches application.
- Added homebrew instructions for dependency installation on OS X.
- Added specification of ndn::CsTracer output format.