Release date: December 12, 2016
- The submodules of NFD and ndn-cxx have been both upgraded to version
0.5 (Issue 3875).
Features of NFD:
- Adaptive SRTT-based Forwarding strategy has been added.
- Breaking change -- Configurable policy for admission of
unsolicited data packets into the content store have
- Introduce mechanism to update properties (e.g.,
flags, persistency) of an existing Face.
- Breaking change -- ForwarderStatus dataset can now be requested
only with /localhost/nfd/status/general interest.
- Breaking change -- Strategy API update. FIB entry is no longer
supplied to the Strategy::afterReceiveInterest method (i.e., FIB
lookup is not performed by the forwarding pipelines). When
necessary, a strategy can request FIB lookup
- Refactor implementation of RIB Manager to make it uniform with
Features of ndn-cxx:
- New transformation API.
- Introduce Name::deepCopy to allow memory optimizations when
working with Name objects.
- New ndn::security::CommandInterestValidator class.
- New FaceUpdateCommand structure for NFD management protocols.
- Breaking change - Expose ControlResponse as part
- Breaking change - Change security constants to corresponding
strongly typed enumerations.
In order to retrieve the marked versions of ndn-cxx and NFD, use
--recursive option to the git clone command or run
git submodule update --init after clone, pull, or merge.
- Replace NetDeviceFaceLinkService with NetDeviceTransport to add full
support of NDNLPv2 and, thus, network-layer NACK handling to
ndnSIM (Issue 3871).
ndnSIM now uses an implementation of nfd::face::Transport that enables
the full support of NDNLPv2 and the handling of network-layer NACKs
generated by NFD. NACKs can reach the ndnSIM applications.
NACK handling by ndnSIM came at the cost of losing the NS3 related
packet tags. The hopCount tag is now implemented as a tag of a packet
directly at the NDNLPv2 layer.
- Enable NACK tracing by the network layer tracers (Issue 3872).
- NetworkRegionTable helper was added to allow the configuration of the
simulated nodes' NetworkRegionTable (Issue 3806).
Improvements and bug fixes
- Internal refactoring to use the ndnSIM-specific transport
implementation (ndn::L3Protocol, ndn::StackHelper,
- Updates of the ndnSIM documentation (Issue 3876)
- Added explanation about the support of NDNLPv2 and its implications.