Shopify for WordPress
This is a pretty simple WordPress plugin for pulling in and displaying Shopify products on your website / blog / whatever.
My motivations for creating this were pretty straightforward: I needed a way to combine a Shopify-based ecommerce store with a custom, content heavy, WordPress theme.
The plugin is pretty simple in how it works:
- Creates an options page for you to enter your Shopify API information.
- Creates a couple new tables in the WordPress database.
- Fills the tables with your products and their variants.
- Lets you output the products through the widget or included functions.
Installation & Usage
- Drop the folder into your plugins directory ( ../wp-content/plugins )
- Activate it on the plugins admin page. The widget needs to be activated as a plugin as well.
- Go to the newly created "Shopify Products" option page and enter your API info.
- Populate the database from the options page by clicking the button that says "populate database".
- Begin using either the widget or functions available to to you.
TODOs and Future Development
If there's enough interest or people want to contribute I'd be happy to make a more formal list of things to do.
Off the top of my head there are a few things I have in mind:
More robust product features - As of now there is no way to store product options, skus, quantity, etc.
Add to cart / View cart ( with items and totals ) functionality.
Display products on admin options page?
More output functions. i.e show all product info in one function call.