NancyFX 2.0 barneyrubble
Running on ASP.NET Core (Kestrel) with Dapper for data access
Repo is fairly basic with HomeModule and DispoModule that return a "greeting" from
appsettings.json and the other that utilizes Dapper for data access, showing how to implement a
POST that inserts an object to the database and
GET requests to retrieve data.
- Modules are to Nancy as Controllers are to ASP.NET
- For more information, read my blog post on this project
- One thing: in latest update I've deleted IDbConnectionProvider, you can kinda skip over that piece and check the sample code here. I think this is much cleaner.
Ready to load and run in Visual Studio with
You may also open and edit/debug using Visual Studio Code, just ignore the Visual Studio
.sln file and open the inner folder.
For more details, see my blog post @ http://blog.nandotech.com/post/2016-10-25-nancyfx-webapi-dapper/
Thanks & Credits
First and foremost, thanks & credit to the
NancyFX team of developers for building an awesome framework.
Also thanks to the awesome community that was always around to chime in when I had a question.
- Andreas Hakansson aka "thecodejunkie"
- Jonathan Channon
- Steven Robbins aka "grumpydev"
- Phillip Haydon
- Kristian Hellang
and lastly, non-Nancy team member but awesome community member:
Credits to http://talkingdotnet.com's blog post @ http://www.talkingdotnet.com/use-dapper-orm-with-asp-net-core/ for help in getting set up. I used some of their info there to help guide me.
Plans to use this alongside some other ASP.NET WebAPI's and perhaps use for some profiling tasks (
ASP.NET both on Kestrel, etc).