Latest Version: 0.3.0
tardis is a gem for manipulating time and space, but mostly time.
Much like it's namesake on the television series Doctor Who
tardis provides you with a lot of tools for time.
It's core features are:
- Convienient Time Unit helpers, both for Time Unit math and converting.
- Handles both regular Time Units and SI Metric Seconds.
- Time specific helpers for traversing time periods.
- Turning time and Time Units into words for reading.
As explained above here's a few of the features that really makes the
4000.centuries # => 11612160000000 46.days.to_hours # => 1104.0 14.kiloseconds # => 14000 Time.yesterday.to 4.days.from_now # => 432000.000007 Time.tomorrow.from_now.in_words # => "1 day from now" Time.last_christmas.to Time.tomorrow # => 2445600.001
And a dozen other little features to make time less time consuming.
- MRI 1.9.2
tardis is as easy as using the
gem install command:
$ gem install tardis
Or using it in your
And then using:
$ bundle install
To make sure you did everything right, just do the following:
$ ruby -e 'p require "tardis"' > true
Issues & Documentation
Feel free to contribute to the documentation wiki if you feel something is lacking. Remember that we really want to know if something is wrong, so use the Issue List if you have a problem.
- Adding math related work and tests
- Adding time unit convertion and tests
- Adding Time Units
- Adding minitest framework
- Initiating the project
- Fork the repository
- Clone the repository locally, or edit via Github
- Create a new branch using the Git Flow Standard conventions
- Commit often and when important
- DO NOT CHANGE ANY OF THESE (without making a new branch for that change):
- Any part of the git history
- Write tests specifically for the changes you've made, if no test exist
- Push your feature or hotfix branch to Github.
- Make a Pull Request
- sirupsen for working on the original
- wolfwood for working on the original
- henrikh for working on the original
Copyright (c) 2011 Kurtis Rainbolt-Greene
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.