coffee-mill-maven-plugin is a Maven plugin focusing on modern web development and especially on the client side technologies. A lot of technologies have emerged to make client-side development a bit easier.
Why using Apache Maven for such kind of code ? Because such development can also benefit from modularity, testing and from a somewhat strict build process. Actually, they definitely requires it to keep project development on rails.
The goal of the project is to cover the complete lifecycle of such artifacts : compilation, validation, tests, aggregation, minification, reporting... Everything required to deliver reusable and robust artifacts.
- Make your component more robust with unit and integration tests using Jasmine
- Use CoffeeScript or TypeScript without thinking about compilation
- Compile Dust templates for you
- Validate your CSS files, compile LESS files
- Optimize your JPEG and PNG files using jpegtran and OptiPNG
- Don't worry about aggregation and minification, the plugin manages that for you
- Don't launch Maven continuously, the watch mode monitor your files and process them
The documentation is available on:
- Last stable version : http://nanoko-project.github.com/coffee-mill-maven-plugin/maven/release/
- Development version : http://nanoko-project.github.com/coffee-mill-maven-plugin/maven/snapshot/
This plugin is licensed under the Apache License 2.0. The project is part of the nanoko initiative.
Follow project issues on our JIRA instance : https://ubidreams.atlassian.net/browse/NANOKO/component/10101