Welcome to nanomsg
The nanomsg library is a simple high-performance implementation of several "scalability protocols". These scalability protocols are light-weight messaging protocols which can be used to solve a number of very common messaging patterns, such as request/reply, publish/subscribe, surveyor/respondent, and so forth. These protocols can run over a variety of transports such as TCP, UNIX sockets, and even WebSocket.
For more information check the website.
- Windows Vista or newer (Windows XP and 2003 are NOT supported)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (including C++) or newer, or mingw-w64 (Specifically mingw and older Microsoft compilers are *NOT supported)
- CMake 2.8.7 or newer, available in $PATH as
POSIX (Linux, MacOS X, UNIX)
- ANSI C compiler supporting C89
- POSIX pthreads (should be present on all modern POSIX systems)
- BSD sockets support for both TCP and UNIX domain sockets
- CMake (http://cmake.org) 2.8.7 or newer, available in $PATH as
Build it with CMake
- Go to the root directory of the local source repository.
- To perform an out-of-source build, run:
cmake ..(You can add -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local or some other directory.)
cmake --build .
ctest -C Debug .
cmake --build . --target installNB: This may have to be done as a privileged user.
- (Linux only).
ldconfig(As a privileged or root user.)
Source code: https://github.com/nanomsg/nanomsg
Bug tracker: https://github.com/nanomsg/nanomsg/issues
Mailing list: email@example.com
Gitter Chat: https://gitter.im/nanomsg/nanomsg
IRC chatroom: #nanomsg at irc.freenode.net/8001