1000 ideas, free for everyone
I was always thrilled by "idea generation mechanism" and how a business like Facebook or Uber or Apple can born from "the brain" of someone... A while ago I've read about the Idea machine from James Altucher and as a programmer I've decided to give to my idea machine a little structure and a way to ensure some sort of quality to my ideas.
This repo serves as container for my ideas.
My ultimate goal is to reach one thousand (1000, 1k, whatever) ideas.
A list of all ideas:
- Luxury news for rich people
- Sandwiches recipe app
- The idea number 0, the prototype for all other ideas
- An Uber for simple tech support
- Follow me luggage
- Shutdown app for smartphones
- Let's build a website together!
- Play videogames meetup platform
- An e-paper programmable card
- 1 hour emergency condoms/sextoys delivery
- Pay 9.99$ / month to reiceive a random vynil LP
- Casting news
- Visual dictionary based on Google Images API
- Tourist guide on demand for travel tips
- Vegan food/restaurants/lifestyle review
- Fat programmer, the videogame
- The barber review
- Your vegetables garden app
- Lost babies tattoo (or bracelet)
- Photos of secret places
- A Wikipedia for WW2 testimonials
- Holidays with no technology
- Use a color to make phishing hard
- IKEA personal shopper
- Technology personal shopper
- A predefined messages keyboard for mobile
- We make your bed service
- A raw data marketplace
- The brothels review
- Take me home: "bodyguard" as a service
- CV Bot
- Sideprojects cemeterey, marketplace for dead sideprojects
- Survive the office: a manual
- An online wishlist with real time alerting system
We currently list 33 ideas, since I'm not taking into consideration
Who are you?
I'm an italian programmer. You can find some more about me @ https://napolux.com
Are these ideas really free?
YES. The MIT license is pretty clear.
What if I realize one of your ideas and I make millions? Will you sue me?
How long will it take to reach 1000 ideas?
If I stick to James' idea machine article I should end my journey in 100 days. I will not limit myself to a simple writedown, so it could take longer, and I'm currenly writing an avg. of one idea per day. So please do the math ;)
Tell me more about the "little structure" and the "quality" of your ideas
Ideas will be rendered as a
.json and a
README.md file. The markdown file will be the "human readable" version of the idea, while the json file will be validated using some PHPUnit tests and a CI system in order to:
- Have a "title" of less than 15 words
- Have a "description" of at least than 30 words
- Have a list of five (5) or more pros and (5) or more cons
- A notice about this project
(structure may change at my will, it's not set in stone)
To run tests you need:
- PHP 5.5.x
- Composer & PHPUnit
- Install PHPUnit if you didn't before.
phpunit --bootstrap scripts/build_md_files.php tests/to build files and run tests.
Are your ideas 100% originals?
I can't guarantee they are 100% originals, the world is full of ideas machines. I can only guarantee that the idea comes from my mind. :)
Can you elaborate on this?
Let's make an example: let's say I'm thinking about a dating site for fat people like me. There are already many websites out there offering this kind of services, but probably I'm thinking about it for a while and I've figure out a way for a viral marketing initiative like printing coupons for the service on pizza boxes...
Then I'll write it down as an idea.
Not original, not new, but it's an idea. And it's mine. And I'm giving it away for free.
Can I add some ideas with a pull request?
Nope, sorry. But you can fork my repo and do whatever you want with it. If you have any suggestion, get in touch or open an issue.
It's a prototype for all the other ideas. I'm using it to validate my build and test scripts.