This app uses the Last.fm API to retrieve data on last.fm listening activity. You'll need to have used last.fm for a while for it to be worthwhile. It downloads weekly track charts and saves them as JSON files, then converts them to CSV. A d3.js-based web page (in the
charts/ subfolder) renders this data as charts.
How to use
- Download a copy of this repository
rm data/api-json/*.json && rm data/chart-csv/*.csvto clear narf's data
sudo pip install -r data/requirements.txt
- Register a new application at last.fm/api/accounts.
- Add your API key and username to
python data/download_json.py && python data/generate_csv.pyto download data (this could take a while, but you can cancel (
Ctrl+C) mid-download and resume later)
python -m SimpleHTTPServerto run a local server
- Open http://localhost:8000/charts/ to see your lovely charts
To move the "Spotify" green line
- Change date on line 180 of
sudo npm install -g coffee-scriptto install Coffeescript