Iconic aims to be the most forward-thinking icon set around based on its support of forward facing display/deployment methods. Icons should not just be clear and attractive, they should be easy and flexible to work with. Learn more about Iconic
- SVG files can be found in the vector/ folder
- PNG files in all sizes and one color (black) can be found in the raster/ folder
- Fonts in two weights (stroke and fill) as well as demo HTML and CSS files can be found in the font/ folder
- Illustrator symbols can be found in the etc/illustrator symbols folder
- Omnigraffle stencils can be found in the etc/omnigraffle stencil folder
All icons within the set are built around a strict grid. If you want to design new icons for the set, you can use the grid as your guide at source/Template.ai (CS5 format). In addition, all the icons are available for reference and/or modification at source/Iconic_all.ai (CS5 format).
There are Python scripts to generate the Iconic font files (including demo HTML/CSS files) at scripts/font creation/. The scripts require FontForge and I have only been able to get them to run on Linux at this point.
Iconic has two different JSX ExtendScripts for generating transparent PNGs. The scripts are run in Adobe Illustrator Learn more here. To generate all icons at all sizes and colors, use scripts/raster creation/SaveLayersAsPNG.jsx (this script will take a long time). To generate icons at a custom color and/or a subset of sizes use scripts/raster creation/SaveLayersAsCustomPNG.jsx
You can also generate SVGs automatically with a JSX ExtendScript. The script can be found at scripts/vector creation/SaveLayersAsSVG.jsx The SVG files are all generated at 32 pixels in black.
All AS3 files and ANT build scripts can be found at scripts/swc creation/
This feature is no longer actively updated by me (feel free to fork and update)