Fetching latest commit…
Cannot retrieve the latest commit at this time.
- UI concept
- represents a single screen on your
- Just like the naming: it helps the user do something - viewing data, creating data, editing data etc.
- Depends on the Activity Lifecycle
- Applications usually consist of several Activities
- UI element
- Button, Textfield, etc.
- everything you see on a screen is a View
- An "intention" to do some work:
> Broadcast a message
> Start a Service
> Launch an Activity
> Display a web page or a list of contacts
> dial a phone nr. or answer a call
- Intents are also used by the system to notify your application of specific events
- Can be explicit or implicit
- Standard mechanism to share data between applications without exposing underlying storage, structure and implementation
- RESTful approach:
- Background processes that can run for a long time
- Music player, E-mail syncer etc.
- defines the content and behaviour of your application
- e.g. lists Activities, Services, permissions etc.