Ruby wrapper for google's cityhash.
gem install cityhash
Since OSX uses
llvm-gcc-4.2 that doesn't support
-march=native flag you have to compile
cityhash lib with
CXX=/usr/bin/clang++ gem install cityhash
require 'cityhash' text = "test" seed1 = 12345 seed2 = 54321 CityHash.hash32(text) # => 1633095781 CityHash.hash64(text) # => 8581389452482819506 CityHash.hash64(text, seed1) # => 9154302171269876511 CityHash.hash64(text, seed1, seed2) # => 4854399283587686019 CityHash.hash128(text) # => 124124989950401219618153994964897029896 CityHash.hash128(text, seed1) # => 101668641288246442316643001405184598611 CityHash.hash128crc(text) # => 124124989950401219618153994964897029896 CityHash.hash128crc(text, seed1) # => 101668641288246442316643001405184598611 CityHash.hash256crc(text) # => 11964743055457135893972873789222488394617411264226841264756
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2012 Vasiliy Ermolovich. See LICENSE.txt for further details.