Ruby wrapper for google's cityhash.
gem install cityhash
require 'cityhash' text = "test" seed1 = 12345 seed2 = 54321 CityHash.hash64(text) # => 17703940110308125106 CityHash.hash64(text, seed1) # => 14900027982776226655 CityHash.hash64(text, seed1, seed2) # => 11136353178704814373 CityHash.hash128(text) # => 130554790001792308794529643941127319555 CityHash.hash128(text, seed1) # => 1238187875708097619810923284135194760226
Contributing to cityhash
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2011 nashby. See LICENSE.txt for further details.