Laptop is a script to set up your Max OS X laptop as a Rails development machine.
- Apple Developer Tools from Apple Developer site.
- XQuartz (for installing Ruby 1.8.7) from MacOSForge.
Run the script:
curl -s https://raw.github.com/natebird/laptop/master/mac | sh
What it sets up
- SSH public key (for authenticating with services like Github and Heroku)
- Homebrew (for managing operating system libraries)
- Ack (for finding things in files)
- Postgres (for storing relational data)
- ImageMagick (for cropping and resizing images)
- rbenv (for managing versions of the Ruby programming language)
- Ruby language (for writing general-purpose code)
- Bundler gem (for managing Ruby libraries)
- POW gem (for easily running applications locally)
It should take about 15 minutes for everything to install, depending on your machine.