REST Easy is a Firefox add-on that provides a full-featured REST client in the browser. It is still a work in progress, but the features currently implemented include:
- support for all common HTTP methods
- parameter editor supporting both
- ability to specify arbitrary data for POST and PUT requests
- preview of HTML both as text and rendered in the browser
Features planned for upcoming releases include:
- tools for saving and loading requests
Using REST Easy is simple: just click the toolbar button to open a new tab.
Building the Add-on
The add-on uses an extremely simple Makefile to build the XPI. Simply open a terminal in the directory containing the source code and run:
Interested in helping out with REST Easy development? We'd love to have you contribute! Just fork this repository, make your changes, and submit a pull request. Here are some of the areas we would like some help in:
- loading and saving requests
- preview of more file types
- ability to specify a file to upload with a POST or PUT request
Theme designers: our current theme is written in LESS and compiled on-the-fly to CSS in the browser. Although the current theme is usable, we welcome improvements.
Localization: the add-on has already been translated into a few languages, but we're always excited to add support for more languages. All translations for other languages are welcome.