- Bug fix: "storm supervisor" now uses supervisor.childopts instead of nimbus.childopts
- Bug fix: supervisor.childopts and nimbus.childopts can now contain whitespace. Previously only the first token was taken from the string
- Automatically delete old files in Nimbus's inbox. Configurable with "nimbus.cleanup.inbox.freq.secs" and "nimbus.inbox.jar.expiration.secs"
- Redirect System.out and System.err to log4j
- Added "topology.worker.child.opts" config, for topology-configurable worker options.
- Use Netflix's Curator library for Zookeeper communication. Workers now reconnect to Zookeeper rather than crash when there's a disconnection.
- Bug fix: DRPC server no longer hangs with too many concurrent requests. DPRC server now requires two ports: "drpc.port" and "drpc.invocations.port"
- Bug fix: Multilang resources are now extracted from the relevant jar on the classpath when appropriate. Previously an error would be thrown if the resources/ dir was in a jar in local mode.
- Bug fix: Fix race condition in unit testing where time simulation fails to detect that Storm cluster is waiting due to threads that are not alive
- Bug fix: Fix deadlock in Nimbus that could be triggered by a kill command.
- storm client "activate" and "deactivate" commands
- storm client "rebalance" command
- Nimbus will automatically detect and cleanup corrupt topologies (this would previously give an error of the form "file storm...ser cannot be found").
- "storm" client will not run unless it's being used from a release.
- Topology jar path now passed in using a java property rather than an environment variable.
- LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is now set on worker processes appropriately.
- Replaced jvyaml with snakeyaml. UTF-8 YAML files should now work properly.
- Upgraded httpclient, httpcore, and commons-codec dependencies.
- New serialization system based on Kryo
- Component and stream ids are now strings
- Pluggable stream groupings
- Storm now chooses an unused port for Zookeeper in local mode instead of crashing when 2181 was in use.
- Better support for defining topologies in non-JVM languages. The Thrift structure for topologies now allows you to specify components using a Java class name and a list of arguments to that class's constructor.
- Bug fix: errors during the preparation phase of spouts or bolts will be reported to the Storm UI
- Bug fix: Fixed bugs related to LinearDRPC topologies where the last bolt implements FinishedCallback
- Bug fix: String greater than 64K will now serialize properly
- Generalized type of anchors in OutputCollector methods to Collection from List.
- Improved logging throughout.
- In the "worker.childopts" config, %ID% will be replaced by the worker port.
- Significant internal refactorings to clean up the codebase.
- LinearDRPCTopologyBuilder, a polished DRPC implementation,
- Improved custom serialization support. no longer need to provide "token" ids.
- Fallback on Java serialization by default. Can be turned off by setting "topology.fall.back.on.java.serialization" to false.
- Improved "storm kill" command. Can override the wait time with "-w" flag.
- Display topology status in Storm UI
- Changed Thrift namespace to avoid conflicts
- Better error messages throughout
- Storm UI port is configurable through "ui.port"
- Minor improvements to Clojure DSL
- Nimbus and supervisor daemons can now share a local dir.
- Greatly improved Clojure DSL for creating topologies.
- Increased the default timeouts for startup of workers and tasks.
- Added the commands "localconfvalue", "remoteconfvalue", and "repl" to the storm script.
- Better error message when "storm jar" can't find the nimbus host in the configuration.
- No longer need any native dependencies to run Storm in local mode. Storm now uses a pure Java messaging system in local mode
- Fixed logging configurations so that logging is no longer suppressed when including the Storm release jars on the classpath in local mode.
- Changed ISerialization's "accept" interface to not annotate the Class with the generic type
- Made Config class implement Map and added helper methods for setting common configs
- Initial release!