VisionScreens Web Remote for PowerPoint*
*this is a working title.
Work In Progress. No releases yet.
Control PowerPoint from any phone, tablet or another computer over Wi-Fi.
How to use (planned)
- Start PowerPoint and open a presentation.
- Launch this app (and probably allow it through the firewall when prompted).
- Open the web browser on the client (e.g. the smartphone), and navigate to the address printed in the app UI.
- Walk away from the PowerPoint laptop, hit buttons on the smartphone, and watch PowerPoint change slides over Wi-Fi :O
- One single packed EXE including the web server, html/css/js and powerpoint API component - that's it!
- Send over the slide thumbnails to the client
- Handle powerpoint crashes/restarts reliably
- Listen to powerpoint events reliably, so client remote control always shows up-to-date info
- Handle network error cases, device sleeps disconnecting ws
- Make client UI responsive
- Add a Stage Display view (with Timers & stage messages!) - port it from c#/wpf, ideal for stage displays
- Separate endpoints /stage /remote
- Jump to any slide from a grid layout of slide thumbnails, or from a text-only view of the slides
- COM API (yay :/) like I did in https://github.com/navhaxs/wiimote-presenter-powerpoint, but that was from 6 years ago, so this will be a rewrite of the 'glue' code.
- Featuring a badly written HTTP 1.0 web server, in order to avoid using Windows' http.sys which depends on Administrator privileges!
- Mostly HTML/CSS/JS as the main client code rather than C#/WPF
- This repo has been repurposed. It still has old and irrelevant C#/WPF powerpoint add-in code - a standalone app easier to develop! XD
A VisionScreens project.