👋🏻 I'm Chris
I’m a software engineer, architect and technical lead.
- in designing systems that minimise carbon emissions and energy usage during their operational life.
- in Ethical, inclusive, appropriate and sensible application of big data and AI.
- in robust, yet pragmatic automated testing (100% test coverage is worthless if it doesn’t do what it was designed to do!).
- in being accountable for the products you build.
- in empowering users to achieve their goals, rather than mollycoddling them.
- that engineers should own the "how", and help shape the "why".
- that legacy code != bad code. Bad code was always bad. All code becomes legacy code eventually.
- that tech debt should be managed carefully - not avoided at all costs, but not incurred without thought either.
My super powers include systems interface design and domain modelling, particularly for esoteric legacy systems.
- AWS Serverless Application Model
- Event Driven Architecture
- Data Pipeline and ETL engineering